Refs, Captains & Players
– Required to make all judgement calls
– Required to keep control of the game and issue warnings and cards as needed (USAV Rules)
1. Ejection from match results in a one match suspension.
2. Ejections in a season = suspension for the rest of that season (possible multiple season or permanent suspension determined by commissioner and refs)
– Announce match and game start times to players and captains.
– Determine the game length (25 or 15 point) prior to the start of each game in accordance with the set time frame (1st & 2nd games 25 points 3rd game must start by 40th minute 4th game must start by 55th in order to get full 25 point game)
– Determine during pre-game meeting the application of the ghost rule and rotational rules when 6 players (minimum of 2 females) are not present in accordance with the set league rules.
*A legal team has a minimum of 4 players (1 must be female)4 players no ghost server is the only back row player
5 players (2 must be females) or replace missing female with a ghost
6 players (minimum of 2 females)
– Make sure each player and sub KNOWS & ACCEPTS their responsibilities
– Present for the pre-game meeting with the ref to go over rules, coin toss and to pay the $15 cash ref fee
– The only person on the court that is permitted to address the ref
Can ask what call was made and for clarification
– Conduct yourself in a manner that promotes sportsmanship & fair play
-Required to make Non judgement calls
Nets – you touch the net you call net
Touches – you touch the ball you call touch
Lines – if in or out can NOT be determined the point will be replayed
-Conduct yourself in a manner that promotes sportsmanship & fair play
NOTE: THE CAPTAIN is the only person on the court that is permitted to address the ref
THE REFS & I ARE WORKING TO IMPROVE THE OVERALL QUALITY OF THIS LEAGUE, WE NEED THE SAME COMMITMENT FROM YOU! – THANKS JOY
PLEASE CALL 856-404-1913 OR EMAIL JOYFERD@AOL.COM WITH QUESTIONS